Monday, April 14, 2014

Five Things To Remember on April 14


1. On Palm Sunday, yesterday, Pope Francis in his homily asked: “We would do well to ask just one question: who am I? Who am I, before my Lord? Who am I, who enters into Jerusalem in celebration? Am I able to express my joy, to praise Him? Or do I keep distant? Who am I, before Jesus Who suffers?” He spoke of Judas, Pilate, Barabbas Simon of Cyrene, Joseph of Arimathea, Mary. Pope Francis concluded his homily saying that this question ought to accompany us through Holy Week: “Where is my heart? To which of these people am I most alike?” Text found at: http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2014/04/13/pope_on_palm_sunday:_where_is_my_heart_before_the_suffering_jesus/en1-790560

2. Pope Francis spoke April 13 of World Youth Days and said the next WYD will take place in 2016 in Krakow, Poland, under the theme: “Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy” (Mt 5,7). he also announced that he will visit to Daejeon, South Korea, on August 15 where he will meet with the youth of Asia.

3. Ten of thousands of men and women are in the final stages of preparing to come into the Catholic Church on Hoy Saturday, April 19. Last year, the Official Catholic Directory, aka the Kenedy Directory, reported 41,917 adult baptisms and 71,582 people coming into full communion. (Not included here are the 763,208 infant baptisms.) Early statistics for 2014 suggest that the numbers for this year may remain the same. Some think they’ll inch up with a Francis effect – the jump from good feeling about the pope to seriously following him.


4. The season of Lent is a time for confession. For a Q&A on what to know for the Sacrament of Penance look at this US Conference of Catholic Bishops Resource http://www.usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/sacraments/penance/sacrament-of-penance-question-and-answer.cfm

5. God loves you.

No comments: